Peanut Butter and Cream Cheese Cupcakes

Hello there!
Feeling a bit creative this morning so after browsing online for quite a while, I found this recipe from Zoella. It was for dog-friendly cupcakes and since it was such a healthy and easy to make recipe I decided to give it a go. 
After gathering my ingredients on this chilly summer day I started baking!


For the cupcakes you are going to need:
1 cup plain flour
1/3 cup porridge oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup shredded carrots
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 banana
1 large egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla 

For the frosting you are going to need:
2 tubs cream cheese (although I used way less)
smooth peanut butter

First you preheat the oven at 170 degrees celcius. Then you mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
You line up the cupcake cases and you fill them with the mixture. After it's all done, put them in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until they're golden brown. 
You let them cool down for about 15 minutes and then it's time for the icing! I tried to make them as Zoella did, by smearing peanut butter and cream cheese in a piping bag and I think they turned out pretty well.

I wish I could find all the right words to describe just how delicious these cupcakes are! Even if in the beginning the combination of cream cheese and peanut butter sounded a little strange, I have to say that they are a perfect match!
You can grab one with your afternoon coffee or drink or even with your breakfast.






Comments

Popular Posts