Alice at the Harewood House

Hello there!
"I'm not crazy. My reality is just different than yours". I tried to keep this quote from Alice in Wonderland in mind as I walked into the enormous Harewood House. It reminded me of the house in the movie Atonement so I couldn't wait to explore the house and the gardens. When I visited it, there was an Alice in Wonderland exhibition as well and you could see quotes from the book across the residence and there was even a treasure hunt for the children. 
The house was built in the 18th century and is an independent charitable educational trust to maintain and develop Harewood for the public benefit. There is a variety of events to choose from, such as Open Air Cinema, Artisan Festival and of course the Victoria costume exhibition. Since the House was used for the filming of the "Victoria" series, costumes and a behind the scenes look at the locations where the series was filmed.
If you decide to visit the Harewood House and Gardens it's better to book ahead in order to avoid waiting in lines. It is close to Leeds and you can access it by car or bus (check out the ticket discount) and a little cart will be at the entrance to guide you to the House. Have fun!










































Comments

Popular Posts